Jay-Z’s legal team is pushing back hard against a sensational lawsuit accusing the Roc Nation founder of witnessing disturbing events at a 2015 party hosted by Sean “Diddy” Combs’ son, Christian Combs.
The lawsuit, filed by Florida resident Manzaro Joseph, claims he was drugged, assaulted, and paraded in humiliating conditions during what he called a “freak-off” party at a Miami mansion. The suit alleges that Jay-Z, Beyoncé, LeBron James, and Gloria Estefan witnessed the disturbing scene.
But Jay-Z’s attorney, Alex Spiro, isn’t holding back. In a statement to TMZ, Spiro said, “Mr. Carter wasn’t in Florida at that time to witness this incident—he was engaged in easily findable public activities that prove he was not at this event. This is more nonsense that erodes the trust in our ‘justice’ system.”
Public records back Spiro’s claim. Jay-Z was in New York attending a major Tidal launch event on April 1, 2015, while the alleged incident supposedly occurred in Miami.
Other celebrities named in the lawsuit have also denied involvement. A representative for Gloria and Emilio Estefan stated that the property mentioned was a family-owned house that was never used for parties between 2012 and 2019. “We have all necessary documentation to support these facts and will provide it to the court,” their team said.
LeBron James’ camp also weighed in, firmly denying the allegations. A spokesperson told TMZ the claims are “demonstrably false and not even worth addressing.” During the time in question, LeBron was busy playing in the NBA playoffs with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
As for Diddy, his legal team dismissed the complaint outright, stating, “No sane person reading this complaint could credit this story.”
In the lawsuit, Joseph alleges Diddy made disturbing comments like, “He’s gonna find out what we do to snitches tonight,” while claiming LeBron James said, “Y’all better do something about that!” But none of the public records or statements from the celebrities involved support the explosive claims.
So far, the legal teams representing the stars are united in calling this case baseless and harmful to the judicial process.
Discover more from Baller Alert
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.